NBA Live 2005

NBA Live 2005

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Hating on NBA Live 2005?: There were some negative feedbacks on the site saying that I am hating on Live. First of all, I do not hate NBA Live. I am probably one of the biggest Live fans out there. However, this does not mean that I can not voice my own opinions on what Live can do to better game playing.

People who know most about the game are the one who can find faults, challenge it, and change it for the better. A lot of people just play the game, as it is designed and reflect little on how it can improve. For those who either play basketball or watch basketball their whole life knows how the real game is play and we can obviously see that the game does not reflect realism.

In fact, I believe the reason why most sports game are not realistic is because it is trying to attract players who are not true game or sports player. Players who are not true game or sports players wants the high flying basketball game where you can dunk every time and score when ever possible. Live even said that the “pro-hop” was purposely designed for people to abuse it, particularly those who are new to the game. Something should not be designed for another purpose other than to reflect how the real game is play.

For others like me, I want it to be realistic. I want to see computer set up plays; I want to not be able to score over 150 pts. per game. I am tire of being able to score over 30 pts. with G. Ostertag, I am tire of being able to block 10 shots per game with Yao, and I am tire of computer not giving Shaq or Duncan the ball! For those of us who noticed these differences, it is no longer fun. That is why we are critiquing it, editing it, and trying to change it. I encourage anyone who finds any problem with the game to voice their views because that is how changes are made.